News & Updates
- 9.15.17 Congratulations! Letter of acceptance into the CAPE Artist/Researcher Partners Program 2017-2018.
- A $500 grant to support our STEM Challenge and community project and $3,000 of hands-on kits and curriculum
- An Energizing Student Potential Energy Fair Kit to host an Energy Fair and Carnival at our school
- Access to Educational Energy Audits, Field Trips and Classroom Visits
- Two-Day Professional Development (TBD September or early October) for a team of 2 teachers per school (and a one-day refresh mid-year)
- Celebration of Energy hosted as a culminating event at the end of the school year
- Connections to STEM professionals to help students see all the possibilities of STEM and Energy Careers
On September 16, Goudy students, teachers, and a parent joined the Sierra Club, Friends of the Great Lakes, and other volunteers to help clean up Montrose Beach. Volunteers logged the types of trash collected as part of an annual survey of garbage found near waterways around the world.
Through the hard work of our teachers, students, and parents, Goudy Technology Academy is a Level 1+ school! We want to thank the parents and the Goudy community for your continued support and collaboration to enable us to achieve such a distinguished rating. We look forward to another great school year in 2016-17!" Please see the report itself and the parent letter..
In light of recent national events, CPS has been testing the water for levels of lead at all schools. CPS is committed to the health and safety of our students and staff; this testing is conducted with an abundance of caution to ensure water in our schools is safe.
Results from Goudy indicate one fountain (located on the 3rd floor next to Room 305) was above the action level. The full results and resources to understand the process and next steps are now posted on online at CPS.EDU/LEADTESTING.
We will continue to keep you and your family informed throughout this process." Parent Letter|| Health Resources