News & Updates
- 9.15.17 Congratulations! Letter of acceptance into the CAPE Artist/Researcher Partners Program 2017-2018.
- A $500 grant to support our STEM Challenge and community project and $3,000 of hands-on kits and curriculum
- An Energizing Student Potential Energy Fair Kit to host an Energy Fair and Carnival at our school
- Access to Educational Energy Audits, Field Trips and Classroom Visits
- Two-Day Professional Development (TBD September or early October) for a team of 2 teachers per school (and a one-day refresh mid-year)
- Celebration of Energy hosted as a culminating event at the end of the school year
- Connections to STEM professionals to help students see all the possibilities of STEM and Energy Careers
Dear Parents and Guardians,
It’s hard to believe that 2017 is almost over; sometimes it seems that time is flying by before our eyes!
It has been an interesting year and despite the challenges of our world, we maintain the stance at Goudy School that, “love lives here”.
With this phrase in mind, I hope that you can make it to our holiday show which will be presented to families on December 21st at 1:30 in the auditorium. The theme of our show is “We Are Shining”. In the show we will celebrate through songs, poems and stories, the notions of hope, love, and joy and how we can be a source of light in a world that can often be dark. I hope you can join us and leave feeling inspired.
Just a reminder that winter break officially begins on Monday, December 25th. We will return on Monday, January 8, 2018.
I wish everyone a restful vacation with quality time spent with loved ones. During the break, I would like to encourage you to have your children turn off their numerous digital devices and find some time reading a good book.
Happy New Year to all!
Ms. Pamela Brandt
11.21.17: A warm thank you to all the parents, students, and staff for coming out to meet author, W. Nikola-Lisa and participate in the evening's activities. You made Family Reading Night a great Success!!
Nov 2017: Urban Initiatives is halfway through our fall Work to Play season. Goudy has been busy! Please see the attached team photo that was taken at Game Day earlier this fall and review our recently released Impact report. Thank you for your continued support and partnership.
Goudy upcoming special events:
12/13 tentative end of season party
12/15 Game Day @ Windy City Fieldhouse + Last day of work to play fall programming
Through the hard work of our teachers, students, and parents, Goudy Technology Academy is a Level 1+ school! We want to thank the parents and the Goudy community for your continued support and collaboration to enable us to achieve such a distinguished rating. We look forward to another great school year in 2017-18!" Please see the report itself and the parent letter..