News & Updates
- 9.15.17 Congratulations! Letter of acceptance into the CAPE Artist/Researcher Partners Program 2017-2018.
- A $500 grant to support our STEM Challenge and community project and $3,000 of hands-on kits and curriculum
- An Energizing Student Potential Energy Fair Kit to host an Energy Fair and Carnival at our school
- Access to Educational Energy Audits, Field Trips and Classroom Visits
- Two-Day Professional Development (TBD September or early October) for a team of 2 teachers per school (and a one-day refresh mid-year)
- Celebration of Energy hosted as a culminating event at the end of the school year
- Connections to STEM professionals to help students see all the possibilities of STEM and Energy Careers
4.28.2018: 45 Goudy students in 2nd through 8th grade participated in the school play titled Zero, One, Two - Me & You! The play included a trilogy of stories by children's author and illustrator Kathryn Otoshi. The stories centered around social and emotional themes like courage to stand up to a bully, discovery of self worth, overcoming jealousy in friendships. Goudy's drama teacher Julie Strassel adapted the trilogy into a script with songs. She co-directed the students alongside Goudy's primary learning specialist Brittany Maggiera with the support of Goudy's music teacher Michael Sviokla. The backdrop and many of the props were designed and created by the students in the play. Costumes, props, paints, and other materials were donated by donors from Donors Choose and residents at The Admiral on the Lake retirement community.
click here for videos
click the image below to begin the slideshow
Through the hard work of our teachers, students, and parents, Goudy Technology Academy is a Level 1+ school! We want to thank the parents and the Goudy community for your continued support and collaboration to enable us to achieve such a distinguished rating. We look forward to another great school year in 2017-18!" Please see the report itself and the parent letter..